Labels

Monday, March 26, 2007

Solitude is bliss..

I have a large circle of friends. But still sometimes I want to be alone.. Enjoy solitude! Something like being alone in the room with a novel in hand and listening to a light music.I have enjoyed many such moments.. Not many people like solitude. One of my best pal says "Solitude is bliss".. It cannot be told in words.. It is to be experienced!!

Sometimes I even feel like going to some place which is calm and out of all the happenings of the city. No mobile connectivity also. I keep visiting such places during some weekends.
I don't know how many of u like such places.


5 comments:

Poornima Prabhu said...

yup. Solitude is surely a bliss.. :).
Even i have enjoyed many such moments.. it helps me to connect to my soul. I think every one of us have their way of connecting to their soul. For me it is through either sitting in a room alone on a sunny afternoon and reading a juicy novel or going for long walks in the evening or early morning.. I just love the feeling :))

Unknown said...

Yes Solitude is bliss for sure...
I believe one of the reasons for team Indias' bad performance in world cup comes down to lack of "Soul searching".The hype the media creates,the expectation of fans creates an illusion of superstars in minds of these cricketers.The results might have been very different if our cricketers in the midst of spending so much time with fans,sponsorers,media, had spent some time with themselves.

slacklover said...

How about solitude for a whole week?
No phone, no tv, no talk, no pple around, just you and on your-own-self.
Try it out.. you may come to have different opinion :)

Anjali Mahajan said...

sometimes people feel dat i lyk to b alone... bt its sumthin thy r missin out...
solitude is bliss....it lets 1 know himself bttr... n i luv to spnd tym wid myself...!! :)))

His Word said...

Being able to be alone with oneself should be seen as a sign of maturity. To be equally happy in others' company or in solitude is to be grateful and happy of and in all times :)