Labels

Friday, July 6, 2007

The feel at the end of one year in IT industry :)

I completed an year in this IT industry on 3rd july 2007. Along with the proudness of sticking onto the same company into which I joined, a year ago..

What were my expectations? How was that feeling when I was about to join?? Ofcourse all of u would have gone through that stage. But let me share my thoughts regarding that :)

Hmmm, I got this offer through my campus recruitment. So never ever faced the problem of searching for a job after completion of degree.. I’m lucky for that matter. It was just after my final sem exams when I had only 15 days of vacation. I mean only 15 days were left for my joining.. I had to search for my accommodation in Bangalore within that time, which was very painful.. :(

Just before the joining day, I was somewhat excited and somewhat tensed. I had a picture of how the office environment will be as I did my final sem prj here. But the tension was how will I be able to handle the responsibilities? Will the teammates be co-operative? Etc etc…

For my surprise there were only 2 in my team including me ;). I got a very good support from my team as and when more ppl joined. I was the youngest among all.. they treated me as if I’m a kindergarden kid. :P

Meanwhile, I even got the chance to know whats job insecurity, how will the deadlines be, why ppl change jobs, the term called "on bench" , etc ect.. To tell in short, experienced the heat of IT industry in all sorts.. :) I even got to know many ppl who were my collegues n now few of them are my best buddies..

But now when I look back, its a nice experience. Never got to know how an year passed. One major thing I understood is Learning is a continous process, no end.

Now I’m an experienced professional in the corporate world!!! No more a fresher :)

Wait for the second part at the end of 2nd year :)

cheers,
Sadhana :)

3 comments:

Poornima Prabhu said...

first of all congrats for completing a yr successfully in the same company :).. these days ppl hardly stick to one company for a yr.. ya, learning is a continuous process.. the moment v stop learning, v start growing old... reading ur entry, I remembered the scenario a yr ago when v freshers were just out of college and on the threshold of a new world... Sweet memories indeed..

Dhanya said...

You have just been tagged..
check http://itsmyownspace.blogspot.com/2007/07/i-know-its-quite-sometime.html for more information :)

And 1st year is just the first milestone.. Always keep up this first years enthu.. You have a long way to go . :)

Preeti said...

hey .. congratulations belated :)

seriously cant believe how one year passed by :) it has been a journey filled with lots of sweet n sour memories .. but anyway, at the end of it all .. It has been a good professional experience