Labels

Sunday, September 30, 2007

Precious hours of life!!!

Hmm its been a looong time after I posted the last one.. I had lost interest in updating my blog. Had so much work that I didnt spare time to write. Wanted to write on so many topics, but by the time I start putting down words on that topic, that would have become old.

I dont know how people waste time doing nothing. As usual shruti n me were travelling to Mysore by train. Its just 3 hrs journey and we will have lots to talk about. But still we carried some novels, some magazines etc to read on our journey. Sometimes, during the journey I talk to the co-passengers and get to know them which is a good hobby according me atleast. But there were 3 passengers sitting opposite to us. They didnt speak to each other. Didnt read anything. Didnt sleep. Didnt look out of the window to see the nature. But they simply wasted 3 hours. How can a person waste 3 precious hours of his life!!!

For me I dont find time to do many things in my busy schedule. I can list down the things what all I wanna do apart from my office work... For example,
1. I read kannada literature. I have finished only a few books of some specific authors. There are lot more to read. :)
2. I love classical music. Though I dont try singing I will listen to it. Now I wanna learn, Mandoline or Violine :)
3. Read those columns in newspaper which I read regularly.
4. Learn Car driving
5. Visit those places which I have not visited yet.
6. Trekking
7. Eat in a famous restaurant and the special dish of that place
8 and ya Technology update without which I cant survive in my profession..
9. Cooking.. Learn to cook new dishes
10. etc etc


The list goes on and on.. If I plan to do all of them, I really dont find time to sleep also. When there are so many things to keep ourselves busy, how can a person waste few hours of his lifetime doing nothing!!!! I'm still wondering.

One of my friend keeps telling that we spend 20 years of our life sleeping. If we sleep 8 hours per day, couting the number of hrs since the birth of a human being till his death, its approximately 20 years!!! :)

"If u want to achieve something in life, then stop sleeping and start working towards it!!"

7 comments:

Poornima Prabhu said...

hmmm.. serious write up after a long time.. good entry. People who want to live always have some thing or the other to do. If not they atleast find /create some interesting activities for themselves. Those who want just to survive never are bothered about these things. btw.. I just woke up from my afternoon nap (refer your last line.. heheheehe...)

Poornima Prabhu said...

hey, keep writing.. atleast one entry per week..

Dhanya said...

Finally broke the silence? Nice thoughts.. Think I should also list down what all I want to do :)
n keep writing.. Our schedule 'll always be busy.. so don't bother abt that..I know I'm not the best person to tell this, but at least try..

Shruti said...

Truly putting your thoughts into words !!! good one ! :)

BHATTA said...

nice post. It wil make lazy ppl rethink ;)

eah.. keeping onself busy is really difficult for some ppl.. dunno the reason.. How can anyone get bored?
atleast I havent got bored after i've joined a job;) there is so much to do.. even otherwise than the normal work..
if you dont kill time .. it wil ;)

damodarprabhu said...

Hey sadhana,

Nice post. It reminded me of something I read way back in High School. In an interview, Bill Gates had said this-" I attribute my success to the fact that I was climbing heights when people far superior than me were in deep sleep":) So, its time to wake up and do something:)

http://damodarprabhu.blogspot.com

Prabhakar said...
This comment has been removed by the author.