Labels

Saturday, May 3, 2008

Back stage work.. Awesome!! :)

Great Arrangements, superb stage, Performance by kids, youngsters, fireworks, dinner n then disco..


What am I talking about? Any guess? Dont think that I'm talking about some reality show I might have watched in TV..


Guess what? You can't.. :) Let me tell u. NSN celebrated its first year B'day 'Milan 08' on 4th April, 08. The preparation for this mega event had started three months earlier. I wanted to be part of the performers as last year. But how? where? No I didn't know.. Is it on stage? back stage? In-front of the stage? seriously no idea. But that enthu of participating was high enough for me to do something unusual than my routine :)


It all started like this. I didnt want to take part in dance as previous year. My hectic project schedules didnt allow me for practice.. I kept on telling my best buddy in office if I can help him out in anything.. His name will be the buzz word in office during such cultural event organizing and all other stuff.. He is such a creative creature on this earth :D The next moment I was part of the Public Relations team for the event, which manages creating posters for the event, online magazines, countdown posters, organizing run-up events for the D-day and many such activities.. It was fun working with that new team, new group of ppl and the major highlight was, entirely a different work than what I do as my routine.


The team members spent time, after office hours to design posters, stage design etc etc n had nice fun too.. Few of them did night outs also. :D There were run-up events like treasure hunt, queen of sheeba, wardrobe malfuntioning etc for the employees to participate and win some prizes! As the D-day was nearing, everyone in the team right from management became more n more serious listing down the responsibilities to be taken on D-day n assigning it to someone who can handle it well.


Here comes the D-day!! Yes it was 4th Apr, 08. Venue was sheesh Mahal, Palace grounds, Bangalore. Can you guess where I was on that day? I was in the Audio-video console right infront of the stage. That was the day when I realized how much background work is required for an event to be successful! Audience just sit at the back for about 2-3 hours and give their comments good n bad on all the events and just go. Even I myself have done that many times. But that day I realized how many ppl have to put their efforts, creativity to make an event successful.


We had a script with us which contained details about what would happen on stage right from the beginning till the end. Every moment, changing the background score, animations, some intro ppt, spot light position, automated camera movement, sound adjustment, LCD content, AV screen display, crystal set-up etc etc.. was being handled by so many people there with the co-ordination of few more at the back stage!! It was the team work and the creativity which made all these happen.


Great Minds behind Milan 08


Finally, it was my happiest moment when Mr.Hans, the DC B'lore head gave me a handshake for being part of the organizing team and said 'well done!'.It was the last part of 'Milan 08' (on stage). Whenever my friend Ms.PP told happily that she spoke to her company CEO or gave handshake, I always asked her whats so great in that? That moment I remembered her on the stage and realized how she might have felt at that moment.. It was a very good experience n learning all together. Felt like sharing it with u all..


And most important thing, Thanks to my best pal Mr. AB who motivated me to be part of this n gave me an opportunity.. !!! :)


~ Cheers,
Sady :)

3 comments:

Poornima Prabhu said...

nice to see you back after a long time :). looks like you enjoyed to the core.

BHATTA said...

abba! having fun backstage. good going, nxt time u can contribute more :)
but frankly ita awesome to be bkstage than the front.
now u know,why god is the organiser and we are all actors ;)

Sadhana said...

@Poori: Thanks dear!!.. Yup njoyed a lot :D

@Bhatta: Sure! I will contribute more.. yeno yeneno realizations ;)