Labels

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

The influence of Bangalore Life!!!

There were 4 close friends studying in 12th standard. One day, they decided they will discontinue their education immediately after the 12th and do some job in Bangalore. Bangalore is a fast growing city. So they thought they will definitely get job. We will make our parents also agree to this.

Now exams are over. 3 of them continued their studies as they listened to their parent's advice that they can get a very good job once they finish their graduation. But the remaining 1 thinking that other 3 will follow A came to Banagalore and joined a job in some reputed Bank. Its the job of the consultant who approach ppl asking to take loans from them. A is just 17yrs.

OK by reading the above story many of you might have had different thoughts. One might have thought A is brilliant, or A shouldn’t have done so etc etc.. The salary what A is earning is not even sufficient for her hostel rent.. How can she survive in this city where cost of living is going high day by day? She still has time to think n act or listen to her parents.. But NO. She doesn’t want to study any more.. Nor think what can be done! Just doesn’t want to loose the 4K being earned currently. The person who has been roaming around in shopping malls, buying whatever comes to mind n njoying life now doesn’t want to listen to anyone and do whatever comes to mind!!

Garden city, Silicon city, pensioner’s paradise (once upon a time)!! Many *tag names*. Is it possible for any non-bangalorean to imagine how the life style here can influence a new comer? I came to this place almost 2 yrs ago. Not that I came for the first time. I was a visitor till then. Now I'm living in Bangalore. I hear people telling how the city has changed over the years. Along with that, it has changed the lifestyle of Banagloreans as well. I agree to the point that Change should be acceptable.

When I had to leave my hometown and come to Bangalore, I had to listen to a lecture from my parents about how I should be, what I should do, what I should not. There were a list of standing instructions. Then I felt why are they so worried? Don't they have confidence on their daughter, is it soo difficult to manage alone etc etc. Now I realize the value of that when I see one of my hostel mate who came to Bangalore when I came and the changes in her lifestyle, thoughts etc etc.. :) This may not be true with all, but still…. !!

3 comments:

BHATTA said...

nice blog template ;-)

and a nice post too, din't get the first part so well, but yeah, change is constant ;)
Bangalore like any other city has grown by leaps and bounds.
the city is like crisp dosas, you get the taste, u'll not stop, even though u curse it ;)

Poornima Prabhu said...

Well, I think it depends on the individual's perception and the maturity level. You might say that the city has destroyed lives but at the same time it has inspired others to grow... After all it depends on how an individual takes things.

Sadhana said...

@Bhatta: Thanks! Crisp dosas!! :P yum!! ya change is constant.. Have to live with that..

@Poori: You are true.. Depends on individual