Labels

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Comics.. Fiction.. Horror.. Thriller.. Suspense.. Love..

What does this title mean? :) Any guess? :-P Line of writings for the writers and types of readings for the Book readers... :) Yes I'm talking about Reading habits.. These days I'm talking too much about the hobbies right? May be.. But this topic came to my mind all of a sudden.. :)

There is a saying in Kannada "ದೇಶ ಸುತ್ತು ಕೋಶ ಓದು" which means travel all around the world, and read as many books as possible. I do read books.. Most of them belong to Kannada Literature which would give taste of all those words mentioned in the title of this post. I love to read those books which are small in size :-P so that I can finish it fast and pick up the next one. I like to own the book. So all most 95% of times I have bought the books to myself instead of borrowing it. You might ask do I have a library at home? Yes kind of.. ;)

But when reading as a habit comes in some general conversations with my friends or colleagues they give surprised looks and talk how can I read a book after my college days, that too kannada books.. Why shouldn't one read books? I wonder how much people are missing out by not reading books.. Few stick onto computer games and Internet all the time, few like to read only management stuff, few read only newspapers, few read only mythology or philosophy. I have seen people who belong to all these categories.. But I seriously feel how much people are missing by not reading and sticking onto TV and computers all the time!

When I was in school I tried to read shakespears.. Didnt understand much.. :P But stil I managed to read most of his dramas.. One more book about French Revolution which I read during my college days was by Maxim Gorky, "MOTHER" a very good french novel..

Wait for some book critics in my coming posts.. :)

Cheers,
Sady :)

2 comments:

Poornima Prabhu said...

cool... :) i wanted to borrow some books from you, but i forgot to mention it to your yesterday... :)
eagerly waiting for some book reviews from you...

BHATTA said...

true. u need to get that kinda interest to read books. some of us really love reading books. They open up u r world to a whole lot of new things. some others like to travel to learn better. Its a matter of personal perception. Whatever it is, the end result is both ppl like to know more about the world around them! and it is achieved but thru different means.