Labels

Thursday, July 3, 2014

Re Kabira maan ja, Re Faqeera Maan ja... :)

Today when I started to listen this song on my mobile, many thoughts passed by. This song was so apt for me. I will tell you why a little later.

 "Life is very uncertain" - I have realized each bit of this in the last few weeks. At the same time need to accept all that comes in life and move on! After marriage life has changed a lot. Commute to mysore has come down. Attending every tom dick n harry's weddings has grown in list. Partying, late nights movies, dinners, rides what not! Life is so amazing with all these isn't it? :) No worries always stay happy. Parents are happy. In-laws are happy and Happy couple. If life is always smooth like this, when do we learn the value of it?!

 Have gained some noticeable weight over this 1.25 yrs of married life. Every Aunty who looks at me now at some or the other wedding says " Oh sadhana u have put on a little weight. U look good now.. Don't add more okay?!". Others also say, "Ur husband n MIL are taking care of you so well its visible!" So What??!! Is it the only talk on this earth that I am gaining weight! Every woman after marriage adds some more weight due to change in lifestyle and no fitness regime for months - getting ready to office, helping in kitchen, running to find the cab/bus etc etc. Definitely it adds to all the other factors of they taking care of me really well.

There were only two persons who wanted me to keep fit with some fitness regime. Mom n hubby. Mom knowing the complexities the life would offer in future she kept on saying this. Okay its time to hit treadmill as every aunty is able to figure out I have gained weight...


It wasn't an easy way out for me! But ya it did discover lots of things in my body. Every girl cares about her facial, eyebrow shape, nail shape, hair style etc But how many of us would care about each internal organs too?! Not many frankly speaking. Routine medical checkups are not our cup of tea :) Making faces at it. Oh I am all healthy is the thinking. No a BIG No to all those who think in those lines.

When I first hit the gym, it was a good feeling. First 15 days was quite normal. Later on there were few symptoms which kept me away from being productive in office at all.. Over drowsiness and dizziness. Drinking electrol as everyone of you reading this post would have thought didn't help me much. I quit Gym. 15 days I was normal. It started all over again without Gym also. I went through simple blood test to check if I am anemic. It gave a surprising result. Yes I was Hypothyroidic. 5 out of 1000 women get this. It has no cure. Just take one tablet as everyone takes for BP and Diabetes generally to provide thyroxyne supplement to body. Nothing more to be done for this. This was the cause for me to put on weight. My colleagues had even thought I was expecting a baby looking at my growing size and puffiness in face n neck. Few did ask me also.

There are many such no cure diseases caused by Antibodies in our own body. Ppl only know about big names like AIDS, CANCER, H1N1 etc.. It is not something major which I have got. But ya, when you know that you have to take medicine for life time and have to keep urself fit all the time it did make me think for a min. I had 100s of questions in my mind. I am lucky enough to have my friends, parents, cousins who are all supportive and knowledgeable in medical field in someway or the other to convince me. I easily accepted it as I am the reason for it. My husband did ask me to take it practically and move on. True it is. If earlier itself I had at least made walking as my daily routine, may be it would have helped.!

When I read the imbalance a thyroxyne harmone can cause to a human body, I really felt that there is so much to know about our own self. Every organ is so important to live with. Only fitness and walking regime can prevent all these. Prevention is better than cure is 100% true.

Never ever compromise on that 30 mins of your time daily reserved for walking/yoga/Gym/whatever! It is so much important! Take care of each organ of your body! They dont have replacement warranty. :-)

When I was pondering about all these thoughts in my mind and this song started playing in mobile "Re kabira maan ja, re Faqeera maan ja.."

2 comments:

Poornima Prabhu said...

Nice to see you write after a long time :). Don't worry too much about the medical condition. Have healthy diet, exercise, be positive and be stress free. This will cure any ailments :). Catch you more on chat :)

Sadhana said...

hahah true... well said.. Simple lifestyle :)